Book Blasphemy, and Other News
March 12, 2013 | by Sadie Stein
- Books carved with surgical tools.
- Related: “I’m sure what I did was completely blasphemous, but y’all ... it turned out really cool.” Wallpapering with Faulkner. (His pages, not him.)
- How many copies need to move to qualify a book as an Amazon bestseller? PW does the math and finds: not that many.
- Speaking of inflation! In the UK, the sinister-sounding “inflation basket” indicates that people are buying more e-books, less champagne.
- “These are fundamentally probing, even discomfiting, books.” Meghan O’Rourke pays tribute to Renata Adler.