Moist, and Other News
April 5, 2013 | by Sadie Stein
- “Other books I can’t throw away because—well, they’re books, and you can’t throw away a book, can you?” In memory of the late Roger Ebert, an essay on libraries and love.
- Amazon is in the process of testing an automated cover generator. Well, of course they are, silly.
- Why do so many people hate the word moist, anyway? On word aversion.
- Lizzie Skurnick, the Boswell of the world of YA literature, is launching Lizzie Skurnick Books, an imprint that will “bring back the very best in young adult literature, from the classics of the 1930s and 1940s, to the thrillers and social novels of the 1970s and 1980s.”
- Short version: Scotland is giving back some of George Washington’s books.