The Bookstore of the Year, and Other News
April 2, 2013 | by Sadie Stein
- Oxford, Mississippi’s amazing Square Books has been named the PW Bookstore of the Year.
- All the book industry April Fool’s Day pranks—from a 52 Shades imprint to the Big Six becoming a Big One—seem depressingly plausible.
- Buck up! Here are seven pranks and tricks from literature.
- You can take a cruise with Margaret Atwood. The novel she’s promoting, MaddAddam, is a dystopian tale described as “unpredictable, chilling and hilarious,” all words we like applied to our cruises, too.
- BuzzFeed is launching a long-form reads section, which the editor characterizes as “BuzzFeed for people who are afraid of BuzzFeed.” We imagine the fearless are also welcome.