A Man Finds Twenty Grand in a Book, and Other News
November 13, 2012 | by Sadie Stein
- A Massachusetts Good Samaritan found twenty thousand dollars hidden in the pages of a used book and is now trying to find the rightful owner.
- The real question: Why would an artist reinterpret Smiths titles as the covers of Penguin paperbacks?
- Reactions from around the world to Philip Roth’s retirement.
- A list of other notable literary retirements.
- And speaking of retirements, Salman Rushdie and John le Carré have ended their long-running feud.