Posts Tagged ‘titles’
September 12, 2013 | by Sadie Stein
July 9, 2013 | by Sadie Stein
- A twelve-foot fiberglass Mr. Darcy is currently standing in the middle of Hyde Park’s Serpentine Lake, and is terrifying.
- A new analytics tool claims it can detect sarcasm in online comments. But the best part: “Its clients include the Home Office, EU Commission and Dubai Courts.”
- The artist formerly known as “the” is now represented by the symbol Ћ.
- Book titles missing one (key) letter.
- A scientifically accurate “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star.” Sample lyric: “Thirty-two light years in the sky / Ten parsecs which is really high.”
February 22, 2013 | by Sadie Stein
Forget the Oscars: what we’re interested in is the Diagram Prize, which rewards the oddest title of the year. The shortlist follows; vote for your favorite before March 22 at We Love This Book.
Goblinproofing One’s Chicken Coop, by Reginald Bakeley
God’s Doodle: The Life and Times of the Penis, by Tom Hickman
How Tea Cosies Changed the World, by Loani Prior
How to Sharpen Pencils, by David Rees
Lofts of North America: Pigeon Lofts, by Jerry Gagne
Was Hitler Ill?, by Hans-Joachim Neumann and Henrik Eberle