Posts Tagged ‘The Smiths’
June 4, 2013 | by Sadie Stein
Herewith, Charles Dickens crossed with Morrissey, for kids. Look, just watch it.
March 19, 2013 | by Sadie Stein
- Can there ever be too many albums-as-books? In a word: no.
- As long as we’re grappling with the Big Questions: Is this the worst book cover in the world? (No.)
- Not one but two bookstores saved by loyal communities! (Via Shelf Awareness.)
- Books about libraries: the perfect storm for bibliophiles.
- This guy, in particular, might enjoy them, since he’s banned from “all the libraries on the face of the Earth.”
November 13, 2012 | by Sadie Stein
- A Massachusetts Good Samaritan found twenty thousand dollars hidden in the pages of a used book and is now trying to find the rightful owner.
- The real question: Why would an artist reinterpret Smiths titles as the covers of Penguin paperbacks?
- Reactions from around the world to Philip Roth’s retirement.
- A list of other notable literary retirements.
- And speaking of retirements, Salman Rushdie and John le Carré have ended their long-running feud.