Posts Tagged ‘The moon’
March 4, 2014 | by Dan Piepenbring
- Who owns the moon? It could be you! (It’s probably not you.)
- The National Enquirer’s sixties covers show how the language of scandal has evolved—what used to pass as odious is now just sort of quaint. “I’M A SLOB. I Burp & Slurp in Public,” says one headline. The horror.
- Brian Eno has chosen twenty essential books for saving civilization; I’ve read zero of them.
- “I thought at the time it was really bad luck to survive. I really wanted to die with them.” An interview with a kamikaze pilot.
- The surreal world of prison portraiture: “visitation rooms of penitentiaries have backdrops where friends and family can get pictures taken of/with the inmate … Often, these backgrounds are idyllic landscapes that offer the inmate a moment to emotionally escape their sentence.”