Posts Tagged ‘Read Women 2014’
January 22, 2014 | by Dan Piepenbring
- “A strangely democratic and egalitarian Era of the Word has emerged.” Why we may be living in an idyllic age for journalism.
- “People love stories. The more you see your story as part of a broader narrative, the better.” The six things that make stories go viral will amaze, and maybe infuriate, you. Kudos to The New Yorker for aping Upworthy’s headline style.
- And since we’re doing sixes: six pieces of advice from successful writers. (Though they’re a touch cliché, right down to the “avoid clichés” apothegm.)
- It’s the thirtieth anniversary of the Supreme Court’s Betamax decision. The medium is obsolete; the verdict is not. It’s the basis of a lot of our ideas about copyright, consumer rights, and fair use.
- #ReadWomen2014: A hashtag becomes a movement.