Posts Tagged ‘psychopathy’
January 17, 2014 | by Dan Piepenbring
- The Gordon Lish Bot is trolling Twitter, demanding that writers craft their 140 characters more meticulously. It’s fine invective, but masochists will wish for the sting of the real thing.
- Science has cast its formidable gaze on movie psychopaths, declaring No Country for Old Men’s Anton Chigurh the most “realistic.” And yet no one, living or dead, has ever dared to sport that haircut.
- The curiously robust posthumous life of V. C. Andrews.
- Lewis Carroll’s “Wise Words About Letter-Writing” still apply in the lawless land of electronic mail.
- This introduction to Korean alphabet art is full of colorful translations: “Using a dustpan, the black mountain is split to form letters, and then the canvas is propped up vertically, and stains caused by gravity are left behind.”