Posts Tagged ‘Palindromes’
March 13, 2013 | by Sadie Stein
- “An Estonian man has returned a library book sixty-nine years late, partly blaming a World War II aerial bombing that damaged the library for the late return.” They bought this excuse; no fine was levied.
- “Maurice, aged seven, drew the illustrations for ‘They Were Inseparable,’ and his brother Jack, who was twelve, composed the text. The book was dedicated to their sixteen-year-old sister with whom they were both infatuated.” Avi Steinberg on the Sendak family.
- Is this the best palindrome of the year? (Were there others?)
- The Bloomsbury guide to surviving London disasters.
- The nominees for the Women’s Prize for Fiction (née Orange Prize) have been announced.