Posts Tagged ‘On the Shelf’
June 21, 2013 | by Sadie Stein
April 9, 2013 | by Sadie Stein
- Welcome, Digital Public Library of America!
- Neruda, as promised, has been exhumed. Watch this space for toxicology reports.
- The Kindle publication of a Cornish-English children’s book marks a victory for minority languages.
- Books stolen by the Nazis, like other precious objects, are still being returned.
- “Speaking of Grindr, who knew it would prove to be such an effective marketing tool for an author who is trying to make his mark in the LGBT community?” On unconventional marketing.
March 19, 2013 | by Sadie Stein
- Can there ever be too many albums-as-books? In a word: no.
- As long as we’re grappling with the Big Questions: Is this the worst book cover in the world? (No.)
- Not one but two bookstores saved by loyal communities! (Via Shelf Awareness.)
- Books about libraries: the perfect storm for bibliophiles.
- This guy, in particular, might enjoy them, since he’s banned from “all the libraries on the face of the Earth.”
January 11, 2013 | by Sadie Stein
January 9, 2013 | by Sadie Stein