Posts Tagged ‘low riders’
March 14, 2014 | by Dan Piepenbring
- Eudora Welty once explained her popularity as a public speaker: “Colleges keep inviting me because I’m so well behaved … I’m always on time, and I don’t get drunk or hole up in a hotel with my lover.”
- Stanley Kubrick’s estranged daughter, Vivian, joined the Church of Scientology in 1999; some have argued, compellingly, that Eyes Wide Shut is a requiem for her. (Think about it: that strange, elite sex cult …) Now Vivian has released a series of touching photos that show her growing up on the sets of her father’s films.
- “The first official Scrabble Word Showdown … allows players to nominate a new, officially playable word.”
- What’s it like being a real private dick in New Yawk City? Neither as fizzy nor as seamy as you’d expect, alas.
- “Welcome to the world of bouncing cars and velvet interiors at the Torres Family Empire Lowrider Convention in Los Angeles, California.”