Posts Tagged ‘Lauren Myracle’
October 19, 2011 | by Sadie Stein
A cultural news roundup.
- After a particularly contentious run-up, Julian Barnes (finally) wins the Booker.
- The ceremony was ... eventful.
- On the other side of the pond, the National Book Award apologizes for its error.
- Lauren Myracle withdraws.
- Roz Chast: “I think that children’s books should be censored not for references to sex but for references to diseases. I mean, who didn't think after reading Madeline that they were going to get appendicitis?”
- Amazon hoards its superheroes.
- Stan Lee creates new ones.
- Tintin, the movie.
- The Seagull, the movie.
- Spot the fake title.
- Bram Stoker’s notebooks!
- Spalding Gray’s journals!
- C. S. Forester’s lost novel!
- Emily Post 4.0: “Just because someone’s IM service shows them as being ‘available,’ doesn’t necessarily mean they are ... Respect ‘do not disturb’ status. Remember, each time you IM you are interrupting someone.”