Posts Tagged ‘freedom books’
February 4, 2013 | by Sadie Stein
- “In Plath’s case, her writing began, soon after her death, to be relegated to a supporting role in a seductive, but intensely misleading, narrative of victimhood.” How to give the poet her due.
- Are these the fifty key moments in English literature? Discuss.
- The strange mystery of who firebombed London’s oldest anarchist bookshop, Freedom Books.
- “Believe me, when you get a dozen people seated at a fairly formal dinner party, and they’ve all got on perfectly ridiculous chapeaus, the evening takes care of itself.” A display of Dr. Seuss’s hats is going up at the New York Public Library.
- Related: Jon Stewart gets Seussical.