Posts Tagged ‘Fiona Apple’
June 20, 2012 | by The Paris Review
A cultural news roundup.
- Want to know the books Whitey Bulger would have taken to the grave?
- Paper landscapes, a tsunami of pages—this is extreme editing.
- Be Kind to Books Club. Some propaganda never gets old.
- Self-promotion knows no boundaries.
- “You can’t turn Infinite Jest into a two-hour play. You can’t put it on a conventional stage. And you can’t send your audience away without at least a small dose of pain.”
- A giant squid invades Paris in Fiona Apple’s new music video.
- R.I.P. Gitta Sereny.
- The conspiracy is alive: find a Thomas Pynchon “Trystero” near you.
- Twilight is not an acceptable nomination.
- Paging Jonathan Franzen. #OccupyGaddis begins now!
- Flannery O’Connor reads “A Good Man is Hard to Find” in a rare 1959 recording.
- What happens when you leave a group of boys around art? The sculptor Eva Rothschild finds out.