Posts Tagged ‘Encyclopedia Britannica’
July 25, 2013 | by Sadie Stein
From the terrific Britannica Blog, a noteworthy page from the first edition of the Encyclopædia Britannica, 1768.
April 11, 2012 | by Sadie Stein
March 14, 2012 | by Sadie Stein
A cultural news roundup.
- RIP, Encyclopedia Britannica.
- A Delhi conference was too small for both Salman Rushdie and Pakistani cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan.
- Southampton’s venerable “Hobbit Pub” is being sued by the upcoming film; Stephen Fry leaps to its defense.
- Das Rheingold? There’s an app for that.
- I’ll be dipped! A dictionary of regional American English.
- Gilgamesh! The Urban Dictionary lit guide.
- What we talk about when we talk about fan fic.
- Good Books, indeed.
- Hemingway’s keeper shelf.
- Build your own Murakami!
- Discovered: five hundred forgotten fairy tales.
- Madeline’s mixtape.
- Hitchens reports on the afterlife.