Posts Tagged ‘e-books’
May 29, 2013 | by Ellen Duffer
- Everyone agrees that getting rid of books is deeply sad.
- Liberace, pre-Soderbergh, wrote a cookbook that now sells for around $500. Included is a salad recipe that orders you not to omit the pickles.
- This is a fantastic headline: “Vintage typewriters find new life in hands of writers, actors and old repairmen.” Just ask Tom Hanks, who apparently likes to buy restored machines that belonged to the likes of Ernest Hemingway and Orson Welles.
- While e-book reading is on the rise, a new poll says parents overwhelmingly prefer reading print with their kids.
- Memoirist Rachel Howard says writing is like drawing: “Later, I could go back and do what artists call rendering—working the drawing, adding detail. But now I had a solid gesture sketch to work from.”
September 19, 2012 | by Sadie Stein