Posts Tagged ‘Dan Brown’
June 7, 2013 | by Sadie Stein
- The British comic novelist Tom Sharpe has died at 85.
- Protesters have erected a makeshift library in Istanbul. “The books, arranged on shelves laid on breeze blocks below a tarpaulin, range from left-wing philosophy to author Dan Brown. With contributions from individuals and bookstores, the number of books has swelled to more than 5,000.”
- Author John Green makes a passionate appeal to “strike down the insidious lie that a book is the creation of an individual soul laboring in isolation … because it threatens the overall quality and breadth of American literature.”
- Narrowing this list down to only ten misbehaving literary rogues must have been a challenge. (And we are offended on Bukowski’s behalf.)
- And without further ado: a dog who allegedly has a “grasp of the basic elements of grammar.”
May 13, 2013 | by Sadie Stein