Posts Tagged ‘Book of Revelation’
February 28, 2014 | by Dan Piepenbring
- You won’t BELIEVE February’s dirty, hidden past! “Before we adopted the Latin name for the second month, Old English used much more vibrant names to describe it. The most common Old English name was Solmonath, which literally means ‘mud month.’”
- You won’t BELIEVE what a steady dose of antidepressants and benzodiazepines did to this writer’s creativity!
- You won’t BELIEVE who offered these kind, pizzalicious words about our magazine! “I have every issue of The Paris Review, and I only read them when I feel like I’ve worked really hard and deserve a reward. It’s like New York pizza—hard to find a bad slice.”
- You won’t BELIEVE how far your jaw drops when you look at these eleventh-century illustrations of the Book of Revelation!
- You won’t BELIEVE how this parrot helped solve a crime in India! “Whenever Ashutosh’s name was mentioned, the parrot would start screeching.”
- You won’t BELIEVE how lame this writerly T-shirt is!