Map Your Books, and Other News
June 25, 2013 | by Sadie Stein
- A new app, Placing Literature, lets you find literary landmarks and bookstores wherever your travels take you.
- For your delectation: ten bookish restaurants. (We want to go to Café Kafka.)
- Everyone knows the original Little Mermaid—walking on knives, sea foam, and all—is anything but cute. At the LA Review of Books, scholars weigh in on the implications of Andersen’s grim tale.
- A tribute to that publisher’s friend, the subtitle.
- “The teaching of the humanities has fallen on hard times.” Verlyn Klinkenborg on the rise and fall of the American English major.