Joyce Carol Oates Gives Questionable Advice, and Other News
June 6, 2013 | by Sadie Stein
- “If you want to get the news from poems, you’ve come to the right place.” That would be the Boston Review.
- So much for reading being its own reward. This principal eats worms when his students meet reading goals.
- Mandarin: a language uniquely well-suited to punning.
- First-edition book clubs are, apparently, a thing. In the words of one friend, “We live in a sad and awesome time.”
- “As an author with a half century of literary success behind me, I can assure you the only way to make it in this industry is to meet as many publishers as you possibly can and then fuck them.” Joyce Carol Oates, meet The Onion.