Persepolis Ascendant, and Other News
March 20, 2013 | by Sadie Stein
- The banning of Persepolis in Chicagoland schools has, in the grand tradition, boosted the graphic novel’s (already robust) sales.
- “I have only one humble criticism. I wonder if you realize how good you are.” Mutual admiration letters betwixt authors (and yes, the unsolicited humble criticism is Mailer to Styron).
- “Philip Roth celebrated his eightieth birthday in the Billy Johnson Auditorium of the Newark Museum last night with the most astonishing literary performance I’ve ever witnessed.” David Remnick was there.
- “There is no modernist stream-of-consciousness novel harder to get through than a publisher-author agreement.” And other things every writer should know.
- Edinburgh’s Looking Glass Books: we want to go to there.